Coffee morning success for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
Communities rallied around to raise a total of £1,890.70 for the charity Macmillan.
A CHARITY coffee morning held at Umberleigh Village Hall has raised £1140.70 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
And the money raised from a cake sale, large raffle and stalls selling goods was topped up by a £750 donation from Barclays Bank in South Molton.
Sian Ward-Edwards, local fundraising manager for Macmillan, said: “So many of us are affected by cancer and Macmillan wants to provide support to everyone affected.
“Our services include nurses and health professionals, but also benefits advisors, financial grants and a free helpline.
You may also want to watch:
“We rely on people fundraising in their community to fund these services and we are so grateful to the group.”
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 9 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 10 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale