Coffee morning success for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
Communities rallied around to raise a total of £1,890.70 for the charity Macmillan.
A CHARITY coffee morning held at Umberleigh Village Hall has raised £1140.70 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
And the money raised from a cake sale, large raffle and stalls selling goods was topped up by a £750 donation from Barclays Bank in South Molton.
Sian Ward-Edwards, local fundraising manager for Macmillan, said: “So many of us are affected by cancer and Macmillan wants to provide support to everyone affected.
“Our services include nurses and health professionals, but also benefits advisors, financial grants and a free helpline.
You may also want to watch:
“We rely on people fundraising in their community to fund these services and we are so grateful to the group.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal