Coastguards rescue woman from Instow mud
COASTGUARD teams rescued a woman dog walker who got stuck in the estuary mud at Instow early today (Thursday). Swansea Coastguard received a 999 call at 7.05 am alerting them to the fact that the woman was stuck up to her knees in mud 20 feet from the qu
COASTGUARD teams rescued a woman dog walker who got stuck in the estuary mud at Instow early today (Friday).
Swansea Coastguard received a 999 call at 7.05 am alerting them to the fact that the woman was stuck up to her knees in mud 20 feet from the quay.
Instow and Westward Ho! Coastguard Rescue Teams were called out and used their mud rescue equipment to gxet the woman out of her predicament.
Ambulancce and fire fighters were also called out, but the woman did not require any medical attention after being rescued and went on her way.
You may also want to watch:
Watch manager Bernie Kemble at Swansea Coastguard said: "The lady, who is local to the area, was out walking her dogs and became stuck in the mud in the estuary.
"Our advice to all would be to take extreme care near soft terrain in estuaries. Please be aware of your surroundings.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
"If you see anyone in trouble on or near the coast, dial 999 and ask for the Coastguard.