Coastguards rescue woman from Instow mud
COASTGUARD teams rescued a woman dog walker who got stuck in the estuary mud at Instow early today (Thursday). Swansea Coastguard received a 999 call at 7.05 am alerting them to the fact that the woman was stuck up to her knees in mud 20 feet from the qu
COASTGUARD teams rescued a woman dog walker who got stuck in the estuary mud at Instow early today (Friday).
Swansea Coastguard received a 999 call at 7.05 am alerting them to the fact that the woman was stuck up to her knees in mud 20 feet from the quay.
Instow and Westward Ho! Coastguard Rescue Teams were called out and used their mud rescue equipment to gxet the woman out of her predicament.
Ambulancce and fire fighters were also called out, but the woman did not require any medical attention after being rescued and went on her way.
You may also want to watch:
Watch manager Bernie Kemble at Swansea Coastguard said: "The lady, who is local to the area, was out walking her dogs and became stuck in the mud in the estuary.
"Our advice to all would be to take extreme care near soft terrain in estuaries. Please be aware of your surroundings.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 3 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 4 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 6 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 7 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 8 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
"If you see anyone in trouble on or near the coast, dial 999 and ask for the Coastguard.