Coast Path gets some TLC
A SERIES of improvements to the Coast Path have been undertaken in time for the holiday season.
The Biosphere team, based in Bideford, have given the Hartland path a makeover, with funding from the South West Coast Path Association and the Unlocking our Coastal Heritage project.
Improvements include replacing old styles and gates, and repairing old steps and erosion damage.
Martin Caddy, from the Biosphere team, said: “The Coast Path is a wonderful asset that brings thousands of visitors and millions of pounds to the North Devon economy.
“It is often easier to secure funding for big projects than it is for the equally important smaller schemes.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s why this partnership of charitable and EU funds, and resources from the Biosphere team is so important.”
Steve Church, of the South West Coast Path association, said: “We are happy to join with our partners to enable these improvements to the Coast Path in one of its most stunning sections.”
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge