Coast Path gets some TLC
A SERIES of improvements to the Coast Path have been undertaken in time for the holiday season.
The Biosphere team, based in Bideford, have given the Hartland path a makeover, with funding from the South West Coast Path Association and the Unlocking our Coastal Heritage project.
Improvements include replacing old styles and gates, and repairing old steps and erosion damage.
Martin Caddy, from the Biosphere team, said: “The Coast Path is a wonderful asset that brings thousands of visitors and millions of pounds to the North Devon economy.
“It is often easier to secure funding for big projects than it is for the equally important smaller schemes.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s why this partnership of charitable and EU funds, and resources from the Biosphere team is so important.”
Steve Church, of the South West Coast Path association, said: “We are happy to join with our partners to enable these improvements to the Coast Path in one of its most stunning sections.”
- 1 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 2 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Exhibition celebrates North Devon in 100 objects