Coach and car collide near South Molton
- Credit: Archant
The road was closed for more than two hours as fire fighters cut 51-year-old woman from car.
A WOMAN was taken to hospital yesterday afternoon (Mon) after a collision between a car and a coach near South Molton.
Police, ambulance and fire crews were called to the junction between Silcombe Cross and Bishops Nymptom at around 3.50pm.
The collision occurred between a Nissan primera and a single-decker coach from Tiverton.
The driver of the primera, a 51-year-old woman from South Molton, had to be cut from the car by fire crews from South Molton and Barnstaple.
You may also want to watch:
She was taken to North Devon District Hospital as a precaution, said a police spokesman.
Fire crews also dealt with an oil spill at the scene and the road was reopened by 6pm.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses