Coach and car collide near South Molton
- Credit: Archant
The road was closed for more than two hours as fire fighters cut 51-year-old woman from car.
A WOMAN was taken to hospital yesterday afternoon (Mon) after a collision between a car and a coach near South Molton.
Police, ambulance and fire crews were called to the junction between Silcombe Cross and Bishops Nymptom at around 3.50pm.
The collision occurred between a Nissan primera and a single-decker coach from Tiverton.
The driver of the primera, a 51-year-old woman from South Molton, had to be cut from the car by fire crews from South Molton and Barnstaple.
She was taken to North Devon District Hospital as a precaution, said a police spokesman.
Fire crews also dealt with an oil spill at the scene and the road was reopened by 6pm.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 4 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 7 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 8 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 9 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas
- 10 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden