Co-op cash for Barnstaple Christmas
BARNSTAPLE’S Christmas festivities have received some warming news from The Co-operative with the announcement of a �5,000 donation towards this year’s big event on Sunday, November 21.
Now in its fourth year, the Barnstaple Christmas Festival has become well known for its high profile musical acts and dramatic Christmas light switch on, but the committee relies on support from local businesses to make it happen.
Craig Bulley, Barnstaple Town Centre Manager, said: “The success of the Christmas festivities has taken off beyond belief over the past three years, with thousands expected to turn out to join in the fun. We are extremely grateful that The Co-operative committee in our area recognised what an important event this is for our community by agreeing to donate such a significant sum towards it this year.”
Pete Vallance, Co-op Membership Officer for the South West, said: “We have several stores in Barnstaple spanning our banking, food and travel businesses and as a community retailer we are always keen to get involved in the community we serve.
We’re really pleased to be able to play a key role in staging this year’s event, which is enjoyed by so many of our customers in the town and provides a boost to the local economy.”
You may also want to watch:
In addition to The Co-operative’s support, various other businesses in the town have also committed sponsorship to the event.
This year’s event will be headlined by singer-songwriter Newton Faulkner, who will be supported by local musicians.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 4 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 10 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park