Clovelly is Best Kept Village
CLOVELLY is among a quartet of Devon villages celebrating winning awards in this year s Best Kept Village competition. The picturescue village that tumbles down to the sea on Torridgeside has scooped the award as the best small village. Atherington in Nor
CLOVELLY is among a quartet of Devon villages celebrating winning awards in this year's Best Kept Village competition.
The picturescue village that tumbles down to the sea on Torridgeside has scooped the award as the best small village.
Atherington in North Devon was the runner-up in the same category and Witheridge was runner-up in the "best past winner" section.
Other winners were: Best past winner - East Budleigh; ru Witheridge, Large village - Dunsford; ru Stoke Gabriel. New entries - Talaton; ru Thurlestone.
You may also want to watch:
Judges praised the high standards of the entries in a contest which aims to reward community spirit as much as picturesque charm. All the villages are judged once and those with the highest marks are then judged a second time.
This is the 39th year that the Devon branch of the Campaign to Protect Rural England has organised the competition and the fourth year that it has been sponsored by Mole Valley Farmers.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 6 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 9 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 10 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market