Clovelly is Best Kept Village
CLOVELLY is among a quartet of Devon villages celebrating winning awards in this year s Best Kept Village competition. The picturescue village that tumbles down to the sea on Torridgeside has scooped the award as the best small village. Atherington in Nor
CLOVELLY is among a quartet of Devon villages celebrating winning awards in this year's Best Kept Village competition.
The picturescue village that tumbles down to the sea on Torridgeside has scooped the award as the best small village.
Atherington in North Devon was the runner-up in the same category and Witheridge was runner-up in the "best past winner" section.
Other winners were: Best past winner - East Budleigh; ru Witheridge, Large village - Dunsford; ru Stoke Gabriel. New entries - Talaton; ru Thurlestone.
You may also want to watch:
Judges praised the high standards of the entries in a contest which aims to reward community spirit as much as picturesque charm. All the villages are judged once and those with the highest marks are then judged a second time.
This is the 39th year that the Devon branch of the Campaign to Protect Rural England has organised the competition and the fourth year that it has been sponsored by Mole Valley Farmers.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 7 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman