Clovelly is Best Kept Village
CLOVELLY is among a quartet of Devon villages celebrating winning awards in this year s Best Kept Village competition. The picturescue village that tumbles down to the sea on Torridgeside has scooped the award as the best small village. Atherington in Nor
CLOVELLY is among a quartet of Devon villages celebrating winning awards in this year's Best Kept Village competition.
The picturescue village that tumbles down to the sea on Torridgeside has scooped the award as the best small village.
Atherington in North Devon was the runner-up in the same category and Witheridge was runner-up in the "best past winner" section.
Other winners were: Best past winner - East Budleigh; ru Witheridge, Large village - Dunsford; ru Stoke Gabriel. New entries - Talaton; ru Thurlestone.
You may also want to watch:
Judges praised the high standards of the entries in a contest which aims to reward community spirit as much as picturesque charm. All the villages are judged once and those with the highest marks are then judged a second time.
This is the 39th year that the Devon branch of the Campaign to Protect Rural England has organised the competition and the fourth year that it has been sponsored by Mole Valley Farmers.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 3 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 9 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
- 10 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021