Clovelly is Best Kept Village
CLOVELLY is among a quartet of Devon villages celebrating winning awards in this year s Best Kept Village competition. The picturescue village that tumbles down to the sea on Torridgeside has scooped the award as the best small village. Atherington in Nor
CLOVELLY is among a quartet of Devon villages celebrating winning awards in this year's Best Kept Village competition.
The picturescue village that tumbles down to the sea on Torridgeside has scooped the award as the best small village.
Atherington in North Devon was the runner-up in the same category and Witheridge was runner-up in the "best past winner" section.
Other winners were: Best past winner - East Budleigh; ru Witheridge, Large village - Dunsford; ru Stoke Gabriel. New entries - Talaton; ru Thurlestone.
You may also want to watch:
Judges praised the high standards of the entries in a contest which aims to reward community spirit as much as picturesque charm. All the villages are judged once and those with the highest marks are then judged a second time.
This is the 39th year that the Devon branch of the Campaign to Protect Rural England has organised the competition and the fourth year that it has been sponsored by Mole Valley Farmers.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 9 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
- 10 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing