Clovelly cyclists on round-Britain charity ride
CLOVELLY dad Peter Ward and fellow biker Adrian Tucker have set off on a 3,300-mile ride around Britain to raise funds for the Special Care Baby Unit at the North Devon District Hospital. Peter and his wife Lucy s one-year-old son Billy was a patient in
CLOVELLY dad Peter Ward and fellow biker Adrian Tucker have set off on a 3,300-mile ride around Britain to raise funds for the Special Care Baby Unit at the North Devon District Hospital.
Peter and his wife Lucy's one-year-old son Billy was a patient in the unit and, without the care he received could have died, said his sister Jenny Routley. So Peter was determined to give something back.
He is being sponsored in his efforts by his employers Mark and Eileen Turnock of Chem-Dry Mastercare carpet and upholstery cleaners.
Accompanying him on the ride is fellow biker Adrian Tucker, who works at Clovelly Social Club, and support crew Bill and Pauline Legg.
You may also want to watch:
The pair left from Clovelly Visitors Centre last Tuesday and plan to return to Clovelly around 1pm on Sunday, having ridden all the way around the UK coastline.
They are inviting any local bikers to join them on the last leg of the trip, from Minehead to Clovelly, on the 19th
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 7 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 8 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 9 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank
- 10 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
Anyone who would like to know more of their trip, or who would like to add sponsorship to the cause, can visit the website link:- www.chemdrymastercare.co.uk/allthewayround