Clovelly campaigner launches new climate change group
CLOVELLY environment campaigner Mukti Mitchell is launching a new organisation this month called Climate Friendly Food. He and fellow director Jonathan Smith have developed the first online farm carbon calculator, that takes into account soil processes,
CLOVELLY environment campaigner Mukti Mitchell is launching a new organisation this month called Climate Friendly Food.
He and fellow director Jonathan Smith have developed the first online farm carbon calculator, that takes into account soil processes, and the world's first low carbon food certification programme.
He said: "The exciting discovery is that correct farm practice - we term it rich soil farming - has a potential to absorb carbon dioxide that is so powerful it could play a major role in bringing down atmospheric carbon dioxide levels.
"CCF is dedicated to developing and promoting best practice for maximum carbon sequestration on farms in the UK and internationally to make real the vast potential of agriculture in the move to avert climate change."
You may also want to watch:
The carbon calculator is free to use for farms and can even be used to discover how much carbon dioxide is absorbed by home gardens every year.
More information can be obtained by logging on to www.climatefriendlyfood.org.uk
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 7 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users