Clovelly campaigner launches new climate change group
CLOVELLY environment campaigner Mukti Mitchell is launching a new organisation this month called Climate Friendly Food. He and fellow director Jonathan Smith have developed the first online farm carbon calculator, that takes into account soil processes,
CLOVELLY environment campaigner Mukti Mitchell is launching a new organisation this month called Climate Friendly Food.
He and fellow director Jonathan Smith have developed the first online farm carbon calculator, that takes into account soil processes, and the world's first low carbon food certification programme.
He said: "The exciting discovery is that correct farm practice - we term it rich soil farming - has a potential to absorb carbon dioxide that is so powerful it could play a major role in bringing down atmospheric carbon dioxide levels.
"CCF is dedicated to developing and promoting best practice for maximum carbon sequestration on farms in the UK and internationally to make real the vast potential of agriculture in the move to avert climate change."
You may also want to watch:
The carbon calculator is free to use for farms and can even be used to discover how much carbon dioxide is absorbed by home gardens every year.
More information can be obtained by logging on to www.climatefriendlyfood.org.uk
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 3 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure