Clovelly campaigner launches new climate change group
CLOVELLY environment campaigner Mukti Mitchell is launching a new organisation this month called Climate Friendly Food. He and fellow director Jonathan Smith have developed the first online farm carbon calculator, that takes into account soil processes,
CLOVELLY environment campaigner Mukti Mitchell is launching a new organisation this month called Climate Friendly Food.
He and fellow director Jonathan Smith have developed the first online farm carbon calculator, that takes into account soil processes, and the world's first low carbon food certification programme.
He said: "The exciting discovery is that correct farm practice - we term it rich soil farming - has a potential to absorb carbon dioxide that is so powerful it could play a major role in bringing down atmospheric carbon dioxide levels.
"CCF is dedicated to developing and promoting best practice for maximum carbon sequestration on farms in the UK and internationally to make real the vast potential of agriculture in the move to avert climate change."
You may also want to watch:
The carbon calculator is free to use for farms and can even be used to discover how much carbon dioxide is absorbed by home gardens every year.
More information can be obtained by logging on to www.climatefriendlyfood.org.uk
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe