Clovelly campaigner launches new climate change group
CLOVELLY environment campaigner Mukti Mitchell is launching a new organisation this month called Climate Friendly Food. He and fellow director Jonathan Smith have developed the first online farm carbon calculator, that takes into account soil processes,
CLOVELLY environment campaigner Mukti Mitchell is launching a new organisation this month called Climate Friendly Food.
He and fellow director Jonathan Smith have developed the first online farm carbon calculator, that takes into account soil processes, and the world's first low carbon food certification programme.
He said: "The exciting discovery is that correct farm practice - we term it rich soil farming - has a potential to absorb carbon dioxide that is so powerful it could play a major role in bringing down atmospheric carbon dioxide levels.
"CCF is dedicated to developing and promoting best practice for maximum carbon sequestration on farms in the UK and internationally to make real the vast potential of agriculture in the move to avert climate change."
You may also want to watch:
The carbon calculator is free to use for farms and can even be used to discover how much carbon dioxide is absorbed by home gardens every year.
More information can be obtained by logging on to www.climatefriendlyfood.org.uk
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 9 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 10 Lord-Lieutenant of Devon pays tribute to Prince Philip