Clothing find prompts search of Trentishoe coast
POLICE in North Devon are appealing for the owner of clothing found near Parracombe to come forward. Officers were alerted by coastguards to the find on the coastal path in the Trentishoe area at lunchtime on Wednesday. The clothing is described as being
POLICE in North Devon are appealing for the owner of clothing found near Parracombe to come forward.
Officers were alerted by coastguards to the find on the coastal path in the Trentishoe area at lunchtime on Wednesday.
The clothing is described as being a beige/butterscotch-coloured polo shirt, a pair of men's trousers in darker beige and size 11 loafer-style shoes.
The immediate concern is that some harm may have come to the owner of the clothing and the area has been searched by coastguards, police and a search and rescue helicopter, but nothing was found.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Devon and Cornwall Police said: "We remain open minded as to what may have happened to the owner of the clothing. Although we mounted an extensive search, there were no clues as to what has happened to the owner. There may be a simple explanation and we ask that anyone with any information comes forward."
Anyone who can identify the owner of the clothing is asked to call Devon and Cornwall Police on 08452 777444, quoting log number 445 090909.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 4 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 5 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 6 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 7 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 8 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 9 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 10 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink