Clothing find prompts search of Trentishoe coast
POLICE in North Devon are appealing for the owner of clothing found near Parracombe to come forward. Officers were alerted by coastguards to the find on the coastal path in the Trentishoe area at lunchtime on Wednesday. The clothing is described as being
POLICE in North Devon are appealing for the owner of clothing found near Parracombe to come forward.
Officers were alerted by coastguards to the find on the coastal path in the Trentishoe area at lunchtime on Wednesday.
The clothing is described as being a beige/butterscotch-coloured polo shirt, a pair of men's trousers in darker beige and size 11 loafer-style shoes.
The immediate concern is that some harm may have come to the owner of the clothing and the area has been searched by coastguards, police and a search and rescue helicopter, but nothing was found.
A spokesperson for Devon and Cornwall Police said: "We remain open minded as to what may have happened to the owner of the clothing. Although we mounted an extensive search, there were no clues as to what has happened to the owner. There may be a simple explanation and we ask that anyone with any information comes forward."
Anyone who can identify the owner of the clothing is asked to call Devon and Cornwall Police on 08452 777444, quoting log number 445 090909.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 4 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 5 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 6 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 7 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 8 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 9 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 10 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage