Clothing find prompts search of Trentishoe coast
POLICE in North Devon are appealing for the owner of clothing found near Parracombe to come forward. Officers were alerted by coastguards to the find on the coastal path in the Trentishoe area at lunchtime on Wednesday. The clothing is described as being
POLICE in North Devon are appealing for the owner of clothing found near Parracombe to come forward.
Officers were alerted by coastguards to the find on the coastal path in the Trentishoe area at lunchtime on Wednesday.
The clothing is described as being a beige/butterscotch-coloured polo shirt, a pair of men's trousers in darker beige and size 11 loafer-style shoes.
The immediate concern is that some harm may have come to the owner of the clothing and the area has been searched by coastguards, police and a search and rescue helicopter, but nothing was found.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Devon and Cornwall Police said: "We remain open minded as to what may have happened to the owner of the clothing. Although we mounted an extensive search, there were no clues as to what has happened to the owner. There may be a simple explanation and we ask that anyone with any information comes forward."
Anyone who can identify the owner of the clothing is asked to call Devon and Cornwall Police on 08452 777444, quoting log number 445 090909.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses