Clothing find prompts search of Trentishoe coast
POLICE in North Devon are appealing for the owner of clothing found near Parracombe to come forward. Officers were alerted by coastguards to the find on the coastal path in the Trentishoe area at lunchtime on Wednesday. The clothing is described as being
POLICE in North Devon are appealing for the owner of clothing found near Parracombe to come forward.
Officers were alerted by coastguards to the find on the coastal path in the Trentishoe area at lunchtime on Wednesday.
The clothing is described as being a beige/butterscotch-coloured polo shirt, a pair of men's trousers in darker beige and size 11 loafer-style shoes.
The immediate concern is that some harm may have come to the owner of the clothing and the area has been searched by coastguards, police and a search and rescue helicopter, but nothing was found.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Devon and Cornwall Police said: "We remain open minded as to what may have happened to the owner of the clothing. Although we mounted an extensive search, there were no clues as to what has happened to the owner. There may be a simple explanation and we ask that anyone with any information comes forward."
Anyone who can identify the owner of the clothing is asked to call Devon and Cornwall Police on 08452 777444, quoting log number 445 090909.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 10 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows