Close shave for hospital theatre staff
- Credit: Archant
Join Barnstaple operating theatre staff for a charity head shave night at The Panniers on November 29.
NORTH Devon District Hospital theatre staff are having their heads shaved in support of the Chemotherapy Appeal.
“One of our members of staff was recently diagnosed with cancer, and her Theatre colleagues wanted to help in some way, and decided to organise a fund raiser,” said Andy Martin, deputy theatre manager.
Theatre support worker Dawn Wright will be carrying out the deed at a special fund raising night in The Panniers, Barnstaple on Friday, November 29 from 7pm, with the first shave at 8.
So far, 14 theatre staff have signed up for the big shave, but others may follow and anyone else who wishes to join in by having their own head shaved can contact Andy on the number below.
You may also want to watch:
The Chemo Appeal total now stands at a magnificent £1.82million towards its final £2.2m goal.
To have your head shaved and join in with the fun on November 29, call Andy Martin on 01271 322710. Sponsorship forms can be downloaded from www.northdevonhealth.nhs.uk/fundraising or sponsor the team at www.justgiving.com/be-a-jessie-headshave.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 7 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment