Close shave for hospital theatre staff
- Credit: Archant
Join Barnstaple operating theatre staff for a charity head shave night at The Panniers on November 29.
NORTH Devon District Hospital theatre staff are having their heads shaved in support of the Chemotherapy Appeal.
“One of our members of staff was recently diagnosed with cancer, and her Theatre colleagues wanted to help in some way, and decided to organise a fund raiser,” said Andy Martin, deputy theatre manager.
Theatre support worker Dawn Wright will be carrying out the deed at a special fund raising night in The Panniers, Barnstaple on Friday, November 29 from 7pm, with the first shave at 8.
So far, 14 theatre staff have signed up for the big shave, but others may follow and anyone else who wishes to join in by having their own head shaved can contact Andy on the number below.
You may also want to watch:
The Chemo Appeal total now stands at a magnificent £1.82million towards its final £2.2m goal.
To have your head shaved and join in with the fun on November 29, call Andy Martin on 01271 322710. Sponsorship forms can be downloaded from www.northdevonhealth.nhs.uk/fundraising or sponsor the team at www.justgiving.com/be-a-jessie-headshave.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 7 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 8 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial