Cllr Collins is right
- Credit: Archant
Congratulations to Councillor Phillip Collins. At last someone in Bideford is forward-thinking and at least trying to attract investment and jobs to the area.
This development is long overdue and what the people of Bideford want and need.
If the future of Bideford was left to certain Bideford town councillors the whole town would soon be boarded up. All they seem to do is object to any prospective investment that would actually benefit the working people of Bideford.
When five hundred people objected to the Knapp development that was less than 1 per cent of the local population of Bideford,Appledore,Instow and Westleigh – so that means 49,500 people wanted it or have no particular interest.
So come on TDC, give the planning for Brunswick Wharf and start pushing Bideford forward – back to where it use to be.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed