Classics will be setting off next Sunday for a little run
THE North Devon Sports and Classic Car Run will be leaving from the stunning location of Hartland Abbey at 8.30am next Sunday (August 23.) The event will be raising money for North Devon Hospice and will finish at the English National Sheepdog Trials and
THE North Devon Sports and Classic Car Run will be leaving from the stunning location of Hartland Abbey at 8.30am next Sunday (August 23.)
The event will be raising money for North Devon Hospice and will finish at the English National Sheepdog Trials and Devon Country Fayre, which runs from August 21-23 at Castle Hill, Filleigh.
The Classic has been a popular event in the hospice's fundraising calendar for many years. Event organiser, Emma Lowe said: "We are thrilled to be able welcome event sponsors, Devonshire Motors who are supporting the event this year.
"So far more than 100 vehicles have been signed up to take part in either the 60 or 80 mile routes that take in some of jewels of North Devon villages, coastal views and country lanes."
You may also want to watch:
Depending on the routes chosen by the drivers the cars will be passing through such beautiful places as Hartland, Kilkhampton, Holsworthy, Great Torrington, Bideford, Stibb Cross, Umberleigh, South Molton, Fairy Cross, Abbotsham, Instow, Newton Tracey, High Bickington, Dolton and Filleigh.
So if you are out and about around North Devon and see any of the cars, identified by unique car plates, then please do give them a wave. If you are a sports or classic fan you will be able to view them first hand at their destination of Castle Hill from approximately 1pm onwards on the Sunday.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 New shop to open at Affinity Devon near Bideford
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
For a fun, visitors to the Fayre are also being invited to vote for their favourite sports or classic entrant on the day. Voting slips will be available from the Devonshire Motors stand and the winner will be announced at the end of the day.
Emma added: "If you own a sports or classic and would like to take part there still is time to enter if you're quick.
"Simply call me on (01271) 347213 to arrange. All the monies raised will enable the hospice to continue to care for local people who are living with a life-limiting illness, offering a range of services that benefit the whole family.