Classical singer hits right notes for hospital
Jaden’s charity helps buy children’s ward equipment.
LOCAL classical crossover singer Jaden Cornelious has helped raise �3,000 for the Caroline Thorpe children’s ward at North Devon District Hospital.
The money will be used to help buy a transfer bag and much-needed equipment to help patients move from hospital to hospital.
The performer, who splits his time between North Devon and London, set up the Jaden Cornelious Foundation in 2009 in a bid to support various worthy causes.
This year’s efforts included quiz nights, a skydive and a sponsored firewalk.
Foundation spokesperson Cathy Edwards said: “We are particularly pleased with the final amount raised as we aimed to raise �500 at the outset.
“The JCF is currently considering which local charity or cause to support for 2012. We can’t promise to raise the same amount again but if there is a local organisation who would like to be considered please get in contact.”
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 8 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 9 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets
- 10 Christmas lights, free parking and late night shopping in Barnstaple
To get in touch, email email@example.com