Classical singer hits right notes for hospital
Jaden’s charity helps buy children’s ward equipment.
LOCAL classical crossover singer Jaden Cornelious has helped raise �3,000 for the Caroline Thorpe children’s ward at North Devon District Hospital.
The money will be used to help buy a transfer bag and much-needed equipment to help patients move from hospital to hospital.
The performer, who splits his time between North Devon and London, set up the Jaden Cornelious Foundation in 2009 in a bid to support various worthy causes.
This year’s efforts included quiz nights, a skydive and a sponsored firewalk.
You may also want to watch:
Foundation spokesperson Cathy Edwards said: “We are particularly pleased with the final amount raised as we aimed to raise �500 at the outset.
“The JCF is currently considering which local charity or cause to support for 2012. We can’t promise to raise the same amount again but if there is a local organisation who would like to be considered please get in contact.”
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
To get in touch, email email@example.com