Classical singer hits right notes for hospital
Jaden’s charity helps buy children’s ward equipment.
LOCAL classical crossover singer Jaden Cornelious has helped raise �3,000 for the Caroline Thorpe children’s ward at North Devon District Hospital.
The money will be used to help buy a transfer bag and much-needed equipment to help patients move from hospital to hospital.
The performer, who splits his time between North Devon and London, set up the Jaden Cornelious Foundation in 2009 in a bid to support various worthy causes.
This year’s efforts included quiz nights, a skydive and a sponsored firewalk.
You may also want to watch:
Foundation spokesperson Cathy Edwards said: “We are particularly pleased with the final amount raised as we aimed to raise �500 at the outset.
“The JCF is currently considering which local charity or cause to support for 2012. We can’t promise to raise the same amount again but if there is a local organisation who would like to be considered please get in contact.”
- 1 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 2 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Exhibition celebrates North Devon in 100 objects
To get in touch, email firstname.lastname@example.org