Classic car cruise for George
Youngster will lead Volkswagen and Porsche rally on Sunday
A CLASSIC Volkswagen and Porsche event will be held in Croyde this weekend.
Owners and fans of the famous cars are invited take part in a special cruise through Braunton and onto the Kiln Field opposite Ruda, starting at 9.45am on Sunday.
Around 50 vehicles from as far afield as Manchester and Essex are expected to take part in the rally, being held to raise money for four-year-old cerebral palsy George Palmer, whose parents are hoping to travel to America with for life-changing spinal surgery.
Little George will be leading the cruise in organiser Bob Burrows’ 1967 splitscreen VW bus, affectionately known as Mr Bo Jangles.
You may also want to watch:
The family event will feature a VW split-screen bouncy castle, face painting, electric go-karts and BMX displays.
Scooter fans are also invited to turn up on their classic Lambrettas and Vespas
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
Last year’s event raised �1,000 for a cancer charity and organisers hope the day will prove just as popular for the George’s First Steps Appeal.
For more information visit www.facebook.com/BIG.SUNDAY.1