Classic car cruise for George
Youngster will lead Volkswagen and Porsche rally on Sunday
A CLASSIC Volkswagen and Porsche event will be held in Croyde this weekend.
Owners and fans of the famous cars are invited take part in a special cruise through Braunton and onto the Kiln Field opposite Ruda, starting at 9.45am on Sunday.
Around 50 vehicles from as far afield as Manchester and Essex are expected to take part in the rally, being held to raise money for four-year-old cerebral palsy George Palmer, whose parents are hoping to travel to America with for life-changing spinal surgery.
Little George will be leading the cruise in organiser Bob Burrows’ 1967 splitscreen VW bus, affectionately known as Mr Bo Jangles.
You may also want to watch:
The family event will feature a VW split-screen bouncy castle, face painting, electric go-karts and BMX displays.
Scooter fans are also invited to turn up on their classic Lambrettas and Vespas
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 8 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 9 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 10 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
Last year’s event raised �1,000 for a cancer charity and organisers hope the day will prove just as popular for the George’s First Steps Appeal.
For more information visit www.facebook.com/BIG.SUNDAY.1