North Devon set for second Clap for our Carers
- Credit: PA
Communities across North Devon are once again asked to show their appreciation for key workers giving their all during the coronavirus pandemic with another round of applause tonight (Thursday, April 2).
The second ‘Clap for our Carers’ will take place at 8pm tonight.
People are being urged to take to their doorsteps, windows and balconies and applaud those who are keeping the country running, from NHS staff and social care workers to the emergency services, shop workers, teachers, waste collectors, postal workers and many more.
It comes a week after the first event, which saw claps, cheers, bangs, car horns and shouts across North Devon and beyond.
Millions across the country took part, including members of the Royal Family - Prince Charles plus the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, William and Kate. Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Chancellor Rishi Sunak also joined in from Downing Street.
You may also want to watch:
As part of the #lightitblue campaign – the colours of the NHS – national and local landmarks were lit up, including Tawstock Court near Barnstaple.
So remember to #clapforourcarers tonight at 8pm, and don’t forget to send us your pictures and video via Facebook and Twitter.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman