Video: North Devon comes out to clap for our carers
- Credit: Bideford Fire Station
North Devon came out in force once again on Thursday night to show its gratitude towards the key workers keeping the country going during the coronavirus crisis.
Communities came out for the second Clap for our Carers at 8pm and showed support with plenty of noise, from applause, cheering and hollering to fireworks, music and drums.
People took to their doorsteps, windows, gardens and balconies and applauded those who are keeping the country running, from NHS staff and social care workers to the emergency services, shop workers, teachers, waste collectors, postal workers and many more.
Darryn Allcorn, chief nurse at Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust, said: “We were overwhelmed by the response from the northern Devon community. It was such a wonderful demonstration of how much everyone values the NHS and carers.
“It means such a lot when our staff are working so hard at the moment - thank you to everyone who got involved.”
You may also want to watch:
Clap for our Carers is now expected to become a weekly event, taking place every Thursday at 8pm.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 7 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 10 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief