Cigarette vending machines 'should be banned'
SIR – I have just written to the new Secretary of State for Health, Andy Burnham MP, demanding a total ban on cigarette vending machines We don t allow alcohol, fireworks, knives or other age restricted products to be sold from vending machines because w
SIR - I have just written to the new Secretary of State for Health, Andy Burnham MP, demanding a total ban on cigarette vending machines
We don't allow alcohol, fireworks, knives or other age restricted products to be sold from vending machines because we know a face-to-face transaction is the best way to make sure they don't end up in the wrong hands.
Cigarettes should be no different. We need to tackle this anomaly which allows children an easy way get hold of cigarettes and damage their health.
The Health Bill, currently going through Parliament, includes further restrictions on cigarette vending machines but stops short of a full ban
You may also want to watch:
I urge you to support this campaign and visit www.bhf.org.uk/outoforder where you can let the Government know they must prevent children picking up an addiction that threatens their future health.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 6 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park