Cigarette vending machines 'should be banned'
SIR – I have just written to the new Secretary of State for Health, Andy Burnham MP, demanding a total ban on cigarette vending machines We don t allow alcohol, fireworks, knives or other age restricted products to be sold from vending machines because w
SIR - I have just written to the new Secretary of State for Health, Andy Burnham MP, demanding a total ban on cigarette vending machines
We don't allow alcohol, fireworks, knives or other age restricted products to be sold from vending machines because we know a face-to-face transaction is the best way to make sure they don't end up in the wrong hands.
Cigarettes should be no different. We need to tackle this anomaly which allows children an easy way get hold of cigarettes and damage their health.
The Health Bill, currently going through Parliament, includes further restrictions on cigarette vending machines but stops short of a full ban
You may also want to watch:
I urge you to support this campaign and visit www.bhf.org.uk/outoforder where you can let the Government know they must prevent children picking up an addiction that threatens their future health.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online