Chulmleigh lad given apprenticeship with TV chef Michel Roux
Toby cooks up a career for himself
TOBY Mosedale, 16, has secured an apprenticeship as a chef after impressing top cook Michel Roux during a work experience week at his Le Gavroche restaurant in London.
The 16-year-old Chulmleigh Community College student grabbed his opportunity to shine following a chance conversation between his mother, Hilary, and Mr Roux’s business partner.
Mrs Mosedale, a trainer in the hospitality industry, said: “We met at a dinner at Claridges and he was saying how Michel was in favour of encouraging children to cook.
“Toby has been keen on cooking all his life and he was offered a day’s work experience at Le Gavroche. That turned into a week and he was told to apply for an apprenticeship when he was old enough.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s just finished taking his GCSEs, including Food Technology, but the apprenticeship is not dependent on his results and he will be starting in October.”
“Micheel Roux is a seriously nice man - just as he is on the television - and he is passionate about the importance of teaching children how to cook.”
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
Toby has built up a reputation for his cooking locally, and was the youngest chef to give demonstrations at this year’s Devon County Show.
He was offered staff accommodation