Chulmleigh lad given apprenticeship with TV chef Michel Roux
Toby cooks up a career for himself
TOBY Mosedale, 16, has secured an apprenticeship as a chef after impressing top cook Michel Roux during a work experience week at his Le Gavroche restaurant in London.
The 16-year-old Chulmleigh Community College student grabbed his opportunity to shine following a chance conversation between his mother, Hilary, and Mr Roux’s business partner.
Mrs Mosedale, a trainer in the hospitality industry, said: “We met at a dinner at Claridges and he was saying how Michel was in favour of encouraging children to cook.
“Toby has been keen on cooking all his life and he was offered a day’s work experience at Le Gavroche. That turned into a week and he was told to apply for an apprenticeship when he was old enough.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s just finished taking his GCSEs, including Food Technology, but the apprenticeship is not dependent on his results and he will be starting in October.”
“Micheel Roux is a seriously nice man - just as he is on the television - and he is passionate about the importance of teaching children how to cook.”
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 9 Teams needed for Appledore RNLI Boat Pull
- 10 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
Toby has built up a reputation for his cooking locally, and was the youngest chef to give demonstrations at this year’s Devon County Show.
He was offered staff accommodation