Chulmleigh exam success
YEAR 10 students at Chulmleigh Community College have been celebrating outstanding GCSE exam results – having taking their maths GCSE a year early! A massive 60 per cent have already achieved a grade C and 10 per cent gained the top grade of an A or A* i
YEAR 10 students at Chulmleigh Community College have been celebrating outstanding GCSE exam results - having taking their maths GCSE a year early!
A massive 60 per cent have already achieved a grade C and 10 per cent gained the top grade of an A or A* in a year when students smashed all previous GCSE records at the college.
Jo Cook, head of maths said: "We are delighted with the students' results and are eagerly anticipating them exceeding the 73 per cent A to C grades achieved by Year 11 this year.
"We're consistently getting high results and have a sustainable way of doing it. This year, 29 per cent of students achieved three or more A* to A grades, many of these in English. Also, 79 per cent of students achieved five A* to C grades and 68 per cent achieved five A* to C grades including English and maths."
You may also want to watch:
Student Tom Spence, who is beginning his final year at the college this week, said: "I am extremely pleased to achieve an A* at maths a year early because it opens up so many opportunities in the future.
"It also gives me the chance to take an extra maths course that can earn me UCAS points to go to university.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 7 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 8 Covid-19 measures in Devon care homes to continue
- 9 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president