Chulmleigh exam success
YEAR 10 students at Chulmleigh Community College have been celebrating outstanding GCSE exam results – having taking their maths GCSE a year early! A massive 60 per cent have already achieved a grade C and 10 per cent gained the top grade of an A or A* i
YEAR 10 students at Chulmleigh Community College have been celebrating outstanding GCSE exam results - having taking their maths GCSE a year early!
A massive 60 per cent have already achieved a grade C and 10 per cent gained the top grade of an A or A* in a year when students smashed all previous GCSE records at the college.
Jo Cook, head of maths said: "We are delighted with the students' results and are eagerly anticipating them exceeding the 73 per cent A to C grades achieved by Year 11 this year.
"We're consistently getting high results and have a sustainable way of doing it. This year, 29 per cent of students achieved three or more A* to A grades, many of these in English. Also, 79 per cent of students achieved five A* to C grades and 68 per cent achieved five A* to C grades including English and maths."
You may also want to watch:
Student Tom Spence, who is beginning his final year at the college this week, said: "I am extremely pleased to achieve an A* at maths a year early because it opens up so many opportunities in the future.
"It also gives me the chance to take an extra maths course that can earn me UCAS points to go to university.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 4 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 7 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink