Christmas panto brings joy to hospital patients
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters at North Devon District Hospital were treated to the festive performance on the Caroline Thorpe Ward.
A CHRISTMAS pantomime has brought festive cheer to patients at North Devon District Hospital.
The Panto Company visited the Caroline Thorpe Ward to perform Sleeping Beauty, dancing and dazzling the young patients and their families.
The visit was organised by national charity Starlight and the visit to NDDH was part of an eight week tour of the country’s hospitals and hospices.
Fran Greenaway, play specialist at NDDH, said: “Starlight has supported the children’s service at the Trust for a number of years by providing play and distraction equipment for our young patients, and we were delighted to welcome their Christmas panto for the first time on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a thoroughly enjoyable show and a wonderful escape for the patients.”
The performance featured four actors and Heather Foster, who plays Aurora and the Queen said the panto was designed to be engaging for the patients.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
She said: “From their beaming smiles, it certainly looked as though they were enjoying the show.”