Christmas offer from Barnstaple Shopmobility
NORTH Devon Shopmobility, the Barnstaple-based charity, is offering special hire rates on wheelchairs and portable scooters for clients this Christmas. Manual wheelchairs can be hired for �21 andportable scooters for �50 with deposits. Both will fit into
NORTH Devon Shopmobility, the Barnstaple-based charity, is offering special hire rates on wheelchairs and portable scooters for clients this Christmas.
Manual wheelchairs can be hired for �21 andportable scooters for �50 with deposits. Both will fit into cars.
The new retail section stocks living and mobility aids and may also be able to help the disabled over the holiday period.
The charity, which lends out wheelchairs and scooters to clients wanting to go shopping in Barnstaple, will be closed for Christmas and the New Year from 1pm on Thursday, December 24 until 9.15am on Monday, January 4.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: "We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our staff and volunteers for their work and help with fund-raising during 2009 and wish them and all our clients a very Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year."
The Shopmobility Centre can be found in Albert Lane, next to Barnstaple
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton
Bus Station and offers clients who arrive by car, free parking. To find out more Information and to book a scooter or wheelchair, telephone ( 01271) 328866, or alternatively drop into the centre Monday - Friday from 9.15am to 4pm.