BARNSTAPLE churches are looking for a donkey costume to help them spread the message of Christmas throughout the town.
Holy Trinity, Newport and Pilton churches are joining forces for a novel hide-and-seek in the town centre on Saturday (Dec 11).
Costumed characters from the nativity will be dotted about the High Street, adjoining streets, the Pannier Market and Green Lanes from 2pm to 4pm to remind people of the Christmas message and the baby in a manger.
Shoppers and the public generally are invited to find the characters and collect a sticker from each of them, with DVD prizes awaiting the first five completed stickers, plus smaller prizes for all who take part.
Free refreshments will also be available for all participants at Doves in Church Walk between 4pm and 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
But while the main characters are ready to play their parts, the churches are currently without a donkey.
Any theatrical group or others who may be able to help them out with a costume are invited to contact the Rev Simon May, Vicar of Holy Trinity Church, on 01271 344321.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI