Christmas day ‘feast’ in village hall
Westward Ho! community party for those on their own this Christmas.
A FESTIVE bring-and-share feast is being held on Christmas Day in Westward Ho!
Everyone is welcome to attend the community party at Kingsley Hall, especially those who would otherwise be alone at Christmas.
The “kindness” themed event will feature festive games, carols and, as well as a quiet retreat for those wanting space to chat.
The fun starts at 11.30am and is expected to continue into the evening.
You may also want to watch:
Co-organiser Helen Sheard said: “Donations of vegetarian food and drink, music and entertainment and lifts for those without a vehicle are all gratefully received.
“We will arrange lifts for those without transport, if possible. Please let us know if you’d like to come so we have an idea of numbers.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
“There will be a nominal contribution to cover costs of heating the hall,” she added.
If there is sufficient interest, organisers hope people with gather for a Boxing Day walk, with hot toddies and mince pies.
To arrange a lift or for more information, telephone Helen on 07791 527768 or Gwen on 07838 4656664.