Christmas day ‘feast’ in village hall
Westward Ho! community party for those on their own this Christmas.
A FESTIVE bring-and-share feast is being held on Christmas Day in Westward Ho!
Everyone is welcome to attend the community party at Kingsley Hall, especially those who would otherwise be alone at Christmas.
The “kindness” themed event will feature festive games, carols and, as well as a quiet retreat for those wanting space to chat.
The fun starts at 11.30am and is expected to continue into the evening.
You may also want to watch:
Co-organiser Helen Sheard said: “Donations of vegetarian food and drink, music and entertainment and lifts for those without a vehicle are all gratefully received.
“We will arrange lifts for those without transport, if possible. Please let us know if you’d like to come so we have an idea of numbers.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 9 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 10 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
“There will be a nominal contribution to cover costs of heating the hall,” she added.
If there is sufficient interest, organisers hope people with gather for a Boxing Day walk, with hot toddies and mince pies.
To arrange a lift or for more information, telephone Helen on 07791 527768 or Gwen on 07838 4656664.