Christmas comes early thanks to South Molton Lions
SOUTH Molton Lions Club has been wrapping up a number of early Christmas presents as another busy fund-raising year comes to a close. The club handed out �2,500 worth of cheques at the special presentation ceremony held in the Conservative Club last mont
SOUTH Molton Lions' Club has been wrapping up a number of early Christmas presents as another busy fund-raising year comes to a close.
The club handed out �2,500 worth of cheques at the special presentation ceremony held in the Conservative Club last month.
Club president, Mary Aslan and reigning South Molton Carnival Queen, Shona Ardy, made a presentation of �1,500 to Cathy and Ray Hales of the Children's Hospice South West, money raised by the Lions at this year's carnival.
At the same meeting Mary and Shona also presented �1,000 to Mervyn Reed, trustee of the Chestnut Appeal, which raises funds to help men with prostate cancer and their families across Devon and Cornwall.
You may also want to watch:
"Everyone at the Lions' Club would like to express our thanks to the people and businesses of South Molton; without their generosity we would be unable to make such large donations to these very deserving causes."
She went on to say the Lions are always on the look out for volunteers and invited anyone in the South Molton area who would like to help to contact the club on 0845 8334805.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 3 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure