Christmas comes early thanks to South Molton Lions
SOUTH Molton Lions Club has been wrapping up a number of early Christmas presents as another busy fund-raising year comes to a close. The club handed out �2,500 worth of cheques at the special presentation ceremony held in the Conservative Club last mont
SOUTH Molton Lions' Club has been wrapping up a number of early Christmas presents as another busy fund-raising year comes to a close.
The club handed out �2,500 worth of cheques at the special presentation ceremony held in the Conservative Club last month.
Club president, Mary Aslan and reigning South Molton Carnival Queen, Shona Ardy, made a presentation of �1,500 to Cathy and Ray Hales of the Children's Hospice South West, money raised by the Lions at this year's carnival.
At the same meeting Mary and Shona also presented �1,000 to Mervyn Reed, trustee of the Chestnut Appeal, which raises funds to help men with prostate cancer and their families across Devon and Cornwall.
You may also want to watch:
"Everyone at the Lions' Club would like to express our thanks to the people and businesses of South Molton; without their generosity we would be unable to make such large donations to these very deserving causes."
She went on to say the Lions are always on the look out for volunteers and invited anyone in the South Molton area who would like to help to contact the club on 0845 8334805.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 6 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 7 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 8 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 9 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman