Christmas comes early thanks to South Molton Lions
SOUTH Molton Lions Club has been wrapping up a number of early Christmas presents as another busy fund-raising year comes to a close. The club handed out �2,500 worth of cheques at the special presentation ceremony held in the Conservative Club last mont
SOUTH Molton Lions' Club has been wrapping up a number of early Christmas presents as another busy fund-raising year comes to a close.
The club handed out �2,500 worth of cheques at the special presentation ceremony held in the Conservative Club last month.
Club president, Mary Aslan and reigning South Molton Carnival Queen, Shona Ardy, made a presentation of �1,500 to Cathy and Ray Hales of the Children's Hospice South West, money raised by the Lions at this year's carnival.
At the same meeting Mary and Shona also presented �1,000 to Mervyn Reed, trustee of the Chestnut Appeal, which raises funds to help men with prostate cancer and their families across Devon and Cornwall.
You may also want to watch:
"Everyone at the Lions' Club would like to express our thanks to the people and businesses of South Molton; without their generosity we would be unable to make such large donations to these very deserving causes."
She went on to say the Lions are always on the look out for volunteers and invited anyone in the South Molton area who would like to help to contact the club on 0845 8334805.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe