Christmas comes early thanks to South Molton Lions
SOUTH Molton Lions Club has been wrapping up a number of early Christmas presents as another busy fund-raising year comes to a close. The club handed out �2,500 worth of cheques at the special presentation ceremony held in the Conservative Club last mont
SOUTH Molton Lions' Club has been wrapping up a number of early Christmas presents as another busy fund-raising year comes to a close.
The club handed out �2,500 worth of cheques at the special presentation ceremony held in the Conservative Club last month.
Club president, Mary Aslan and reigning South Molton Carnival Queen, Shona Ardy, made a presentation of �1,500 to Cathy and Ray Hales of the Children's Hospice South West, money raised by the Lions at this year's carnival.
At the same meeting Mary and Shona also presented �1,000 to Mervyn Reed, trustee of the Chestnut Appeal, which raises funds to help men with prostate cancer and their families across Devon and Cornwall.
You may also want to watch:
"Everyone at the Lions' Club would like to express our thanks to the people and businesses of South Molton; without their generosity we would be unable to make such large donations to these very deserving causes."
She went on to say the Lions are always on the look out for volunteers and invited anyone in the South Molton area who would like to help to contact the club on 0845 8334805.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice