Christmas coast path charity walk
Walker plans to travel entire South West coast path during festive season.
A CHARITY coast path walker has been making his way through North Devon as part of a festive ‘yomp’ along all 630 miles of the South West network.
David Jones, co-owner of the Manna from Devon Cooking School, set off on Sunday, December 16 on his walk to raise money for the Motor Neurone Disease Association.
On Tuesday of last week, joined by his dog Rex he travelled from Woolacombe to Croyde and Saunton, before heading inland to Barnstaple and onwards to Instow.
On Wednesday he continued towards Westward Ho! and along the Torridge coastline.
You may also want to watch:
“The North Devon coastline is simply stunning,” he said.
“The walk is giving me a complete comprehension of the beauty of the region. I’m now looking forward to discovering more new places along the way.”
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
David’s wife Holly is shadowing his route with their other dog Poppy aboard a Fiat Tribute camper van from South West Camper Hire and meets him each evening at his over night stop over point.
Today (Christmas Day) David will be stopping briefly for Christmas dinner where he and Holly are meeting friends beside Pendeen Lighthouse in Cornwall.
Motor neurone disease is a progressive disease that attacks the motor neurones, or nerves, in the brain and spinal cord.
The Manna from Devon Cooking School is on the River Dart at Kingswear.
Anyone who would like to sponsor David can make a donation on his JustGiving page at www.justgiving.com/SWCP25x25