Chocolate-inspired poem a treat for confectionary shop
Local writer hopes to have her poem published in chocolate shops around the country.
AN AVID writer is hoping to cause a ‘chocolate epidemic’ by getting her cocoa-inspired poems published in top confectionary shops.
Steph Lott, of Ilfracombe, wrote her poem Chocolate Temptation while studying creative writing as part of her English Literature degree.
The 28-year-old contacted the Chocolate Emporium in Ilfracombe, run by Linzi and Nigel Walker, who offered to display the poem in their shop.
Steph said: “After that I had an idea of maybe getting a few chocolate shops to display it so I contacted Nutcombe Chocolates in Dunster, Somerset, and they are really excited about the idea.
You may also want to watch:
“I now have a new plan to get some of the big shops in London to display it, so have searched online for the top 10 chocolate shops.
“Once I get it displayed a few times locally that will be my next step.”
- 1 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 7 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
Steph made headlines in August after writing a song to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
She said: “I love writing anything from songs, fiction and poetry - whatever I’m inspired to write in the moment.”
Read Steph’s poem below.
Chocolate Temptation - by Steph Lott
You would sing to me your seductive song
I would dance with you in your dreamy delight
You would be my comfort and cure my cravings
I would drink your deadly double dose
You would smother my heart with your smooth caress
I would lose myself in your lustful lure
You would tease me with your tempting aroma
I would taste you with my tingling tongue
You would persist with your pleasurable intrusion
I would surrender to your sweet temptation