Chocolate-inspired poem a treat for confectionary shop
Local writer hopes to have her poem published in chocolate shops around the country.
AN AVID writer is hoping to cause a ‘chocolate epidemic’ by getting her cocoa-inspired poems published in top confectionary shops.
Steph Lott, of Ilfracombe, wrote her poem Chocolate Temptation while studying creative writing as part of her English Literature degree.
The 28-year-old contacted the Chocolate Emporium in Ilfracombe, run by Linzi and Nigel Walker, who offered to display the poem in their shop.
Steph said: “After that I had an idea of maybe getting a few chocolate shops to display it so I contacted Nutcombe Chocolates in Dunster, Somerset, and they are really excited about the idea.
You may also want to watch:
“I now have a new plan to get some of the big shops in London to display it, so have searched online for the top 10 chocolate shops.
“Once I get it displayed a few times locally that will be my next step.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 5 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 6 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
Steph made headlines in August after writing a song to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
She said: “I love writing anything from songs, fiction and poetry - whatever I’m inspired to write in the moment.”
Read Steph’s poem below.
Chocolate Temptation - by Steph Lott
You would sing to me your seductive song
I would dance with you in your dreamy delight
You would be my comfort and cure my cravings
I would drink your deadly double dose
You would smother my heart with your smooth caress
I would lose myself in your lustful lure
You would tease me with your tempting aroma
I would taste you with my tingling tongue
You would persist with your pleasurable intrusion
I would surrender to your sweet temptation