Chocolate goodies for Easter winner
- Credit: Archant
The 11-year-old won a giant chocolate prize after being drawn as the winner of the Easter egg hunt.
A YOUNG shopper won a cracking prize this Easter after an egg hunt in Barnstaple Pannier Market.
Bethany Parkhouse, 11, from Barnstaple, took part in the event over the Easter weekend and was the winner of a giant chocolate prize.
She said: “I was so excited when I heard I’d won.
“I’m so glad I took part in the competition, it was really fun.”
You may also want to watch:
The Easter Bunny also visited the market and shoppers were entertained by the Borderline Morris Dancers.
“We’re always keen to celebrate various events and holidays with the community - and this Easter was no different,” said Simon Curry, Pannier Market manager.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
“We had a really good, busy weekend here at the market, with traders and shoppers getting into the spirit of things.
“We hope it added to the overall shopping experience for local people and visitors - and that we’ll see them back here again soon.”