Chocolate goodies for Easter winner
- Credit: Archant
The 11-year-old won a giant chocolate prize after being drawn as the winner of the Easter egg hunt.
A YOUNG shopper won a cracking prize this Easter after an egg hunt in Barnstaple Pannier Market.
Bethany Parkhouse, 11, from Barnstaple, took part in the event over the Easter weekend and was the winner of a giant chocolate prize.
She said: “I was so excited when I heard I’d won.
“I’m so glad I took part in the competition, it was really fun.”
You may also want to watch:
The Easter Bunny also visited the market and shoppers were entertained by the Borderline Morris Dancers.
“We’re always keen to celebrate various events and holidays with the community - and this Easter was no different,” said Simon Curry, Pannier Market manager.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Christine Stephenson found safe and well
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
“We had a really good, busy weekend here at the market, with traders and shoppers getting into the spirit of things.
“We hope it added to the overall shopping experience for local people and visitors - and that we’ll see them back here again soon.”