Chocks away for charity
- Credit: Archant
Help Barnstaple air cadets look sharp for Sports Relief.
AIR cadets taking part in Sport Relief are appealing to Gazette readers to help give them a stylish take-off.
Members of the Barnstaple squadron air training corps will be dressed as RAF pilots past and present during a special triathlon fundraiser on Sunday, March 23.
But the ‘Red Sparrows’ team is asking people to lend them any flight clothing articles or old RAF uniforms to help them complete the look.
Pilot officer Glyn Clark said: “We have a few bits already but could do with borrowing more items such as flight goggles, hats, jackets and flying scarves.
You may also want to watch:
“If any readers are able to help with any such items or sponsor our efforts, please telephone the squadron on 01271 370863 and leave a message, or find ‘1146 (Barnstaple) Squadron Air Training Corps’ on Facebook.”
Cadets and staff from 1146 Squadron will be running a mile in Rock Park, swimming a mile in the pool at the leisure centre and cycling a 4.6-mile historical route around Barnstaple.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
“The fancy dress is only to be worn on the dry land part of the mini-triathlon so it won’t get wet,” added Glyn.