Chocks away for charity
- Credit: Archant
Help Barnstaple air cadets look sharp for Sports Relief.
AIR cadets taking part in Sport Relief are appealing to Gazette readers to help give them a stylish take-off.
Members of the Barnstaple squadron air training corps will be dressed as RAF pilots past and present during a special triathlon fundraiser on Sunday, March 23.
But the ‘Red Sparrows’ team is asking people to lend them any flight clothing articles or old RAF uniforms to help them complete the look.
Pilot officer Glyn Clark said: “We have a few bits already but could do with borrowing more items such as flight goggles, hats, jackets and flying scarves.
You may also want to watch:
“If any readers are able to help with any such items or sponsor our efforts, please telephone the squadron on 01271 370863 and leave a message, or find ‘1146 (Barnstaple) Squadron Air Training Corps’ on Facebook.”
Cadets and staff from 1146 Squadron will be running a mile in Rock Park, swimming a mile in the pool at the leisure centre and cycling a 4.6-mile historical route around Barnstaple.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
“The fancy dress is only to be worn on the dry land part of the mini-triathlon so it won’t get wet,” added Glyn.