Chivenor troops deploy to Afghanistan
Commando Logistic Regiment personnel will support transfer of British operations to 3 Commando
CHIVENOR-based Royal Navy, Royal Marine and Army personnel are deploying to Afghanistan over the next few weeks.
North Devon’s Commando Logistic Regiment will be supporting the soldiers, sailors and Royal Marines of 3 Commando Brigade, which is taking over responsibility of British operations in Helmand province.
The first of more than 380 troops to be deployed left the North Devon barracks last Tuesday night.
Commando Logistic Regiment commanding officer, Colonel Peter Taylor, said: “The specialist logistic elements of the regiment will be heading out on Operation Herrick 14, throughout March, for a six-month tour of duty.
You may also want to watch:
“The individuals and the command teams have been thoroughly prepared for the multitude of tasks, awaiting them and will meet them head-on.
“I would like to send out my thanks to our families, local community of North Devon and civilian staff for all their support and kind words as we depart on our challenging mission.”
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 4 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home