Chip pan fire in Bideford

A woman was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics after a chip pan fire at Meddon Street in Bideford yesterday (Wednesday.) Two appliances from Bideford Fire Station were called to the incident at 1.27pm and on arrival found a blaze in the gas cooker

A woman was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics after a chip pan fire at Meddon Street in Bideford yesterday (Wednesday.)

Two appliances from Bideford Fire Station were called to the incident at 1.27pm and on arrival found a blaze in the gas cooker.

Four fire fighters donned breathing apparatus to put out the fire in the ground floor kitchen of the terraced house, using a hose reel, covering jet and dry powder extinguisher. The property was ventilated and made safe before the crews left.

The woman was treated by personnel from South Western Ambulance Service.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter