Chimney fire callouts this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were scrambled to several fires across North Devon on Saturday and Sunday.
FIRE CREWS were called to three chimney fires across North Devon this weekend.
On Saturday, two fire engines were scrambled to reports of a chimney on fire at Witheridge.
They arrived at 2.50pm to find a fire involving a wood burner which they extinguished.
Later that day, a fire engine from Holsworthy was called to a chimney on fire at Newton St Petrock.
You may also want to watch:
Arriving at 6.50pm, fire fighters used small tools and chimney gear to put out the fire involving a stove.
On Sunday evening, two fire engines from Barnstaple attended a fire at a thatched property at Prixford.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford
The fire had not spread to the thatched rood and after arriving at 7.45pm, crews used chimney gear and a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire and dampen the surrounding thatch.