Chimney fire callouts this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were scrambled to several fires across North Devon on Saturday and Sunday.
FIRE CREWS were called to three chimney fires across North Devon this weekend.
On Saturday, two fire engines were scrambled to reports of a chimney on fire at Witheridge.
They arrived at 2.50pm to find a fire involving a wood burner which they extinguished.
Later that day, a fire engine from Holsworthy was called to a chimney on fire at Newton St Petrock.
Arriving at 6.50pm, fire fighters used small tools and chimney gear to put out the fire involving a stove.
On Sunday evening, two fire engines from Barnstaple attended a fire at a thatched property at Prixford.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 4 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 5 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 6 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 7 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 8 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 9 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 10 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
The fire had not spread to the thatched rood and after arriving at 7.45pm, crews used chimney gear and a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire and dampen the surrounding thatch.