Chimney fire callouts this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were scrambled to several fires across North Devon on Saturday and Sunday.
FIRE CREWS were called to three chimney fires across North Devon this weekend.
On Saturday, two fire engines were scrambled to reports of a chimney on fire at Witheridge.
They arrived at 2.50pm to find a fire involving a wood burner which they extinguished.
Later that day, a fire engine from Holsworthy was called to a chimney on fire at Newton St Petrock.
You may also want to watch:
Arriving at 6.50pm, fire fighters used small tools and chimney gear to put out the fire involving a stove.
On Sunday evening, two fire engines from Barnstaple attended a fire at a thatched property at Prixford.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 10 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
The fire had not spread to the thatched rood and after arriving at 7.45pm, crews used chimney gear and a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire and dampen the surrounding thatch.