Fire fighters had to remove log burner from a property last night (Thursday) after finding chimney well alight.

Fire fighters had to remove a log burner from a property in Ilfracombe last night (Thursday) after its chimney caught fire.

A crew from Ilfracombe was called out at 8.10pm to Great Shelfin Farm.

On arrival they called for back up from Woolacombe when they found the chimney well alight.

Crews used breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet, short extension ladder, tools and a thermal imaging camera.

The crews will revisit today (Friday) to ensure everything is safe.