Chimney fire at Hartland bed and breakfast

Fire engine

Fire engine - Credit: Archant

Fire fighters were called to the scene this morning (Fri).

A fire engine was called to a bed and breakfast at Stoke, Hartland this morning (Fri) to reports of a chimney fire.

The fire involved a solid fuel burner and the alarm was raised at around 9.20am.

Crews found a small fire above the register plate which was then removed and fire extinguished using small tools and chimney rods.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter