Children in Need fun in North Devon
Picture special: Region goes ‘Pudsey potty’ once more for the annual BBC appeal.
FROM zany costumes to curry eating contests – people across North Devon have once again pulled out all the stops to help raise money for BBC Children in Need.
The annual fund raiser on Friday saw schools, businesses, groups and individuals dress up, bake cakes and stage madcap stunts to help the televised appeal reach its highest ever total of �27,757,446 on the night.
Examples included a Man V. Food style challenge at the Gurkha Restaurant in Barnstaple as contestants bid to eat progressively hotter curry dishes.
Staff and students at Petroc once again went to town for Children in Need, with colourful costumes everywhere and numerous events that raised more than �1,000.
You may also want to watch:
Staff at Torridge District Council donated more than 60 prizes to a grand raffle, raising �335, while at North Devon Council �343.25 was collected by the corporate and community team selling their homemade cakes.
Great Torrington School raised �1,358.10 from numerous events co-ordinated by a team from Endeavour house, while children at Caen Community Primary School in Braunton raised �350, with activities organised by Year 6 pupils including asking children to bring in copper coins to add to a giant picture of Pudsey Bear and his friend Blush.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 9 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
Webbers Barnstaple office raised �321.80 through cake, bacon and sausage bap sales, a cake auction and raffle.
Across the Devon Cornwall and Somerset area for all 16 offices staff have raised more than �1,800.
* CLICK on the gallery to the top right of this story to see more North Devon Children in Need pictures.