Children in Need fun in North Devon
Picture special: Region goes ‘Pudsey potty’ once more for the annual BBC appeal.
FROM zany costumes to curry eating contests – people across North Devon have once again pulled out all the stops to help raise money for BBC Children in Need.
The annual fund raiser on Friday saw schools, businesses, groups and individuals dress up, bake cakes and stage madcap stunts to help the televised appeal reach its highest ever total of �27,757,446 on the night.
Examples included a Man V. Food style challenge at the Gurkha Restaurant in Barnstaple as contestants bid to eat progressively hotter curry dishes.
Staff and students at Petroc once again went to town for Children in Need, with colourful costumes everywhere and numerous events that raised more than �1,000.
You may also want to watch:
Staff at Torridge District Council donated more than 60 prizes to a grand raffle, raising �335, while at North Devon Council �343.25 was collected by the corporate and community team selling their homemade cakes.
Great Torrington School raised �1,358.10 from numerous events co-ordinated by a team from Endeavour house, while children at Caen Community Primary School in Braunton raised �350, with activities organised by Year 6 pupils including asking children to bring in copper coins to add to a giant picture of Pudsey Bear and his friend Blush.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
Webbers Barnstaple office raised �321.80 through cake, bacon and sausage bap sales, a cake auction and raffle.
Across the Devon Cornwall and Somerset area for all 16 offices staff have raised more than �1,800.
* CLICK on the gallery to the top right of this story to see more North Devon Children in Need pictures.