Children give Westward Ho! beach a big tidy up
SIXTY children and teachers from St Margaret s Junior School in Northam took part in a Big Tidy Up of the beach and pebble ridge at Westward Ho! Organised by Torridge District Council s recreation officer James Jarroudi, the Year 6 students were joined by
SIXTY children and teachers from St Margaret's Junior School in Northam took part in a Big Tidy Up of the beach and pebble ridge at Westward Ho!
Organised by Torridge District Council's recreation officer James Jarroudi, the Year 6 students were joined by volunteer members of the public and Mrs Recycle, Cathy Karniewicz.
Together they picked up around 80 bags of rubbish which they collected into two piles - that which could be recycled and that which could not.
Westward Ho! is often referred to as the jewel in Torridge's crown.
You may also want to watch:
For six years in a row it has attained the standards necessary for the Blue Flag beach award. In spite of the number of Blue Flags given out to beaches in England falling this year, Westward Ho! maintained its status because of its consistently clean water, litter-free shores, good facilities and safety.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 5 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 7 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 8 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 9 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 10 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple