Children get creative for Shebbear’s ‘Strictly Science’ challenge
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters from local schools have fun with science
The junior school building at Shebbear College was a hub of excitement and creative activity as they held their ‘Strictly Science’ challenge.
Children from a variety of local schools designed and built bridges from craft materials, learning about the strengths of different shapes.
Helped out by sixth form students, the children learned the importance of teamwork, planning and evaluation through building their structures.
The finished articles were tested for their qualities and winners were presented with prizes by headmaster Simon Weale.
You may also want to watch:
All of the children involved received a certificate to take home from a wonderful event, which enabled youngsters from local schools to meet, learn and have fun.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes