Child snatching rumours ‘unfounded’
Police confirm there is ‘no evidence at all’ to suggest children are being snatched from a Barnstaple estate.
POLICE have been quick to quash rumours about alleged ‘child snatching’ incidents in the Forches area of Barnstaple.
Chief inspector Toby Davies said allegations spreading on social networking sites Facebook and Twitter were ‘unfounded.’
Speaking to the Gazette on Monday morning, he said: “An incident occurred last week where two females allegedly asked for directions from a couple of kids and gave them some money.
“They were later dispersed from the area because of their drunken state.
You may also want to watch:
“People are putting two-and-two together; it is completely exaggerated and unfounded.
“There is no evidence at all to intimate any child abductions.”
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 3 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 8 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 9 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail