Chemo unit plans await council ‘OK’
- Credit: Archant
Exciting plans for new hospital unit are now available to view by members of the public.
EXCITING plans for a new chemotherapy unit and day treatment centre are expected to be determined by North Devon Council by the end of the month.
Members of the public now have the opportunity to view detailed designs for the proposed development at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple.
The blueprint submitted by architects from David Wilson Partnership outlines a brand new stand-alone space alongside, and linked to, the main hospital building.
It will have its own entrance and drop-off point; reception and waiting area; consulting rooms for haematology and oncology outpatients; two open plan rooms for chemotherapy and other treatment; as well as two separate en-suite treatment rooms.
Other features include pre-treatment rooms; a quiet room; staff room; and courtyard area.
Last month, the Gazette reported that pending planning permission, work on the new unit could start this summer.
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 4 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 5 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 6 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 7 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 10 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
In just two years, people in North Devon has raised an astonishing £1.48 million, and Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust Charitable Fund is now calling on supporters to help reach the £2.2million target by the end of the year.
Julie Whitton, fundraiser for the said: “The Chemotherapy Appeal is at a very exciting time of development.
“We now need to work very hard towards our fund-raising target.
“We would love to hear from individuals, businesses and organisations who would like to raise funds or organise an event for the appeal.”
To get involved, contact Julie Whitton on 01271 311772, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.northdevonhealth.nhs.uk/fundraising
To view the plans visit http://planning.northdevon.gov.uk/detail.asp?AltRef=55592
Members of the public have until May 17 to comment on the proposal.