Chemo unit plans await council ‘OK’
- Credit: Archant
Exciting plans for new hospital unit are now available to view by members of the public.
EXCITING plans for a new chemotherapy unit and day treatment centre are expected to be determined by North Devon Council by the end of the month.
Members of the public now have the opportunity to view detailed designs for the proposed development at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple.
The blueprint submitted by architects from David Wilson Partnership outlines a brand new stand-alone space alongside, and linked to, the main hospital building.
It will have its own entrance and drop-off point; reception and waiting area; consulting rooms for haematology and oncology outpatients; two open plan rooms for chemotherapy and other treatment; as well as two separate en-suite treatment rooms.
You may also want to watch:
Other features include pre-treatment rooms; a quiet room; staff room; and courtyard area.
Last month, the Gazette reported that pending planning permission, work on the new unit could start this summer.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
In just two years, people in North Devon has raised an astonishing £1.48 million, and Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust Charitable Fund is now calling on supporters to help reach the £2.2million target by the end of the year.
Julie Whitton, fundraiser for the said: “The Chemotherapy Appeal is at a very exciting time of development.
“We now need to work very hard towards our fund-raising target.
“We would love to hear from individuals, businesses and organisations who would like to raise funds or organise an event for the appeal.”
To get involved, contact Julie Whitton on 01271 311772, email email@example.com or visit www.northdevonhealth.nhs.uk/fundraising
To view the plans visit http://planning.northdevon.gov.uk/detail.asp?AltRef=55592
Members of the public have until May 17 to comment on the proposal.