Chefs' corner at Bideford Farmers' Market
A Chefs Corner project by Torridge District Council will be cooking off the summer season with an exciting event at the popular Farmers Market on Bideford Quay on Saturday, July 11. In what is expected to be the first of a regular fortnightly kitchen
A Chefs' Corner project by Torridge District Council will be 'cooking off' the summer season with an exciting event at the popular Farmers' Market on Bideford Quay on Saturday, July 11.
In what is expected to be the first of a regular fortnightly kitchen cook-off on the Quay, local chefs Brian Steele of the Yeoldon House Hotel, Dan 'The Fish Man' Garnett and Vanessa Ebdon of the Marshford Organic Shop and Farm will be teaming up from around midday.
Chefs' Corner events like this one provide cookery demonstrations using fresh ingredients to give new ideas on what to eat and how to cook it, promoting healthy eating using locally sourced food.
Torridge District Council's lead member for tourism, Cllr Roger Johnson, said: "What could be better than this? Local chefs demonstrating how to use our wonderful local produce in a local Farmers' Market. It's a great opportunity for people to come down to the market and get new recipes and ideas on healthy eating."
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Chefs' Corner contact Torridge's food and safety team on (01237) 428809, email email@example.com or visit the website www.torridge.gov.uk/chefs
For further information please contact Ian Hayter, Communications Officer, on 01237 428749, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman