Chefs' corner at Bideford Farmers' Market
A Chefs Corner project by Torridge District Council will be cooking off the summer season with an exciting event at the popular Farmers Market on Bideford Quay on Saturday, July 11. In what is expected to be the first of a regular fortnightly kitchen
A Chefs' Corner project by Torridge District Council will be 'cooking off' the summer season with an exciting event at the popular Farmers' Market on Bideford Quay on Saturday, July 11.
In what is expected to be the first of a regular fortnightly kitchen cook-off on the Quay, local chefs Brian Steele of the Yeoldon House Hotel, Dan 'The Fish Man' Garnett and Vanessa Ebdon of the Marshford Organic Shop and Farm will be teaming up from around midday.
Chefs' Corner events like this one provide cookery demonstrations using fresh ingredients to give new ideas on what to eat and how to cook it, promoting healthy eating using locally sourced food.
Torridge District Council's lead member for tourism, Cllr Roger Johnson, said: "What could be better than this? Local chefs demonstrating how to use our wonderful local produce in a local Farmers' Market. It's a great opportunity for people to come down to the market and get new recipes and ideas on healthy eating."
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Chefs' Corner contact Torridge's food and safety team on (01237) 428809, email email@example.com or visit the website www.torridge.gov.uk/chefs
For further information please contact Ian Hayter, Communications Officer, on 01237 428749, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 3 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 4 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 5 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 8 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 9 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 10 New food delivery service launched in Barnstaple