Chef to cook in Arlington garden
MICHELIN starred chef Mark Dodson will be cooking in the fully restored kitchen garden of Arlington Court, near Barnstaple, on August 1. Mark, chef and owner of the Masons Arms at Knowstone, will be using only Arlington produce, including lamb reared on
MICHELIN starred chef Mark Dodson will be cooking in the fully restored kitchen garden of Arlington Court, near Barnstaple, on August 1.
Mark, chef and owner of the Masons Arms at Knowstone, will be using only Arlington produce, including lamb reared on the National Trust estate.
Visitors will be able to see him create a three-course meal and also take part in the Arlington Taste Challenge.
This is a blind tasting with samples of the garden's produce available to taste next to samples of the same items from a leading supermarket.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors will also be able to vote for the samples they think have the best flavour.
Mark, who spent 12 years at The Waterside Inn, Bray as Michel Roux's head chef, gained a Michelin star six months after taking over the Mason's Arms in 2006. He has retained it since.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
He said he was looking forward to cooking in such a unique location as Arlington.
"I will be making a starter of artichokes with smoked salmon flavoured with tarragon and then a main course of loin of lamb with red peppers, aubergine, courgettes, garlic, onion tomato and basil," he said.
"Dessert will be a fruit tart with an indulgent filling, probably include Grand Marnier."
The walled kitchen garden at Arlington has been restored to full working order over the last 14 years by head gardener Dave Clinch and his staff.
Timings of Mark's demonstrations on Saturday, August 1, will be: Starter, 11.30am; Main course, 1.30pm; and Dessert at 3.30pm. There will also be a bread-making workshop for children..