Chef Rachel will be a TV celebrity
AN American film crew will be rolling in to Clovelly next month to make an episode of a food programme called Extreme Cuisine with Jeff Corum. It will feature Steve Perham, fisherman and harbourmaster and his sister, Rachel, 38, who is head chef at the M
AN American film crew will be rolling in to Clovelly next month to make an episode of a food programme called Extreme Cuisine with Jeff Corum.
It will feature Steve Perham, fisherman and harbourmaster and his sister, Rachel, 38, who is head chef at the Merry Harriers, Woolsery.
The one-hour show, part of a series screened on national and cable Food Network USA, searches worldwide for families, farmers and fishermen known for their local fare.
Rachel said she understood that her brother would be filmed fishing and she would be asked to cook a dish on camera using whatever fish he caught.
You may also want to watch:
"We are hoping there might be a few herring around when the film crew arrives," said Rachel, the fifth generation of her family to live in Clovelly.
"But whatever is caught, I will be well prepared. I have loads of recipes in a book left by my great aunt Eileen Perham."
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
It is not clear yet whether Rachel's time in front of the camera will be in the comfort of her kitchen at the Merry Harriers, or in Clovelly.
But whatever the location, Rachel, who has worked in catering since the age of 13, is looking forward to the experience.
n Rachel - will be cooking on TV.