Chef Rachel will be a TV celebrity
AN American film crew will be rolling in to Clovelly next month to make an episode of a food programme called Extreme Cuisine with Jeff Corum. It will feature Steve Perham, fisherman and harbourmaster and his sister, Rachel, 38, who is head chef at the M
AN American film crew will be rolling in to Clovelly next month to make an episode of a food programme called Extreme Cuisine with Jeff Corum.
It will feature Steve Perham, fisherman and harbourmaster and his sister, Rachel, 38, who is head chef at the Merry Harriers, Woolsery.
The one-hour show, part of a series screened on national and cable Food Network USA, searches worldwide for families, farmers and fishermen known for their local fare.
Rachel said she understood that her brother would be filmed fishing and she would be asked to cook a dish on camera using whatever fish he caught.
You may also want to watch:
"We are hoping there might be a few herring around when the film crew arrives," said Rachel, the fifth generation of her family to live in Clovelly.
"But whatever is caught, I will be well prepared. I have loads of recipes in a book left by my great aunt Eileen Perham."
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 6 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 7 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
It is not clear yet whether Rachel's time in front of the camera will be in the comfort of her kitchen at the Merry Harriers, or in Clovelly.
But whatever the location, Rachel, who has worked in catering since the age of 13, is looking forward to the experience.
n Rachel - will be cooking on TV.