Chef Rachel will be a TV celebrity
AN American film crew will be rolling in to Clovelly next month to make an episode of a food programme called Extreme Cuisine with Jeff Corum. It will feature Steve Perham, fisherman and harbourmaster and his sister, Rachel, 38, who is head chef at the M
AN American film crew will be rolling in to Clovelly next month to make an episode of a food programme called Extreme Cuisine with Jeff Corum.
It will feature Steve Perham, fisherman and harbourmaster and his sister, Rachel, 38, who is head chef at the Merry Harriers, Woolsery.
The one-hour show, part of a series screened on national and cable Food Network USA, searches worldwide for families, farmers and fishermen known for their local fare.
Rachel said she understood that her brother would be filmed fishing and she would be asked to cook a dish on camera using whatever fish he caught.
You may also want to watch:
"We are hoping there might be a few herring around when the film crew arrives," said Rachel, the fifth generation of her family to live in Clovelly.
"But whatever is caught, I will be well prepared. I have loads of recipes in a book left by my great aunt Eileen Perham."
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 3 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 4 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 5 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 6 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 7 Roger McGough unveiled as Plough Poetry Prize judge
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
It is not clear yet whether Rachel's time in front of the camera will be in the comfort of her kitchen at the Merry Harriers, or in Clovelly.
But whatever the location, Rachel, who has worked in catering since the age of 13, is looking forward to the experience.
n Rachel - will be cooking on TV.