Chef Rachel will be a TV celebrity
AN American film crew will be rolling in to Clovelly next month to make an episode of a food programme called Extreme Cuisine with Jeff Corum. It will feature Steve Perham, fisherman and harbourmaster and his sister, Rachel, 38, who is head chef at the M
AN American film crew will be rolling in to Clovelly next month to make an episode of a food programme called Extreme Cuisine with Jeff Corum.
It will feature Steve Perham, fisherman and harbourmaster and his sister, Rachel, 38, who is head chef at the Merry Harriers, Woolsery.
The one-hour show, part of a series screened on national and cable Food Network USA, searches worldwide for families, farmers and fishermen known for their local fare.
Rachel said she understood that her brother would be filmed fishing and she would be asked to cook a dish on camera using whatever fish he caught.
"We are hoping there might be a few herring around when the film crew arrives," said Rachel, the fifth generation of her family to live in Clovelly.
"But whatever is caught, I will be well prepared. I have loads of recipes in a book left by my great aunt Eileen Perham."
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 Bideford beat top side Truro in challenging conditions
- 8 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 9 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 10 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets
It is not clear yet whether Rachel's time in front of the camera will be in the comfort of her kitchen at the Merry Harriers, or in Clovelly.
But whatever the location, Rachel, who has worked in catering since the age of 13, is looking forward to the experience.
n Rachel - will be cooking on TV.