Cheese puts Guy in the picture
Photographer honoured at world’s first ever food photography awards.
A NORTH Devon photographer is celebrating a top honour in an international food photography competition.
An image of a cheese round Guy Harrop, from Loxhore, won second place prize in the ‘Food and its Place’ category at the first Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year awards, held at the Mall Galleries in London.
The competition attracted more than 3,000 images worldwide with entrants from 60 different countries and a panel of judges featuring Michelin-starred chefs, restaurateurs and food industry experts and commentators.
Guy, who had two photographs shortlisted in the finals, said: “Winning a second prize in the world’s first ever international food photographer competition is very exciting news for me.
You may also want to watch:
“Food photography is one of my passions and I am delighted to be recognised at this level.
“My two shortlisted images were both shot in Devon; one of a Clovelly fisherman pulling in his catch at dawn and the other of a cheesemaker holding a cheese round near Exeter. I am very lucky to have such a fantastic range of produce and local food on my doorstep.”
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021