Cheese puts Guy in the picture
Photographer honoured at world’s first ever food photography awards.
A NORTH Devon photographer is celebrating a top honour in an international food photography competition.
An image of a cheese round Guy Harrop, from Loxhore, won second place prize in the ‘Food and its Place’ category at the first Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year awards, held at the Mall Galleries in London.
The competition attracted more than 3,000 images worldwide with entrants from 60 different countries and a panel of judges featuring Michelin-starred chefs, restaurateurs and food industry experts and commentators.
Guy, who had two photographs shortlisted in the finals, said: “Winning a second prize in the world’s first ever international food photographer competition is very exciting news for me.
You may also want to watch:
“Food photography is one of my passions and I am delighted to be recognised at this level.
“My two shortlisted images were both shot in Devon; one of a Clovelly fisherman pulling in his catch at dawn and the other of a cheesemaker holding a cheese round near Exeter. I am very lucky to have such a fantastic range of produce and local food on my doorstep.”
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge