Cheese puts Guy in the picture
Photographer honoured at world’s first ever food photography awards.
A NORTH Devon photographer is celebrating a top honour in an international food photography competition.
An image of a cheese round Guy Harrop, from Loxhore, won second place prize in the ‘Food and its Place’ category at the first Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year awards, held at the Mall Galleries in London.
The competition attracted more than 3,000 images worldwide with entrants from 60 different countries and a panel of judges featuring Michelin-starred chefs, restaurateurs and food industry experts and commentators.
Guy, who had two photographs shortlisted in the finals, said: “Winning a second prize in the world’s first ever international food photographer competition is very exciting news for me.
You may also want to watch:
“Food photography is one of my passions and I am delighted to be recognised at this level.
“My two shortlisted images were both shot in Devon; one of a Clovelly fisherman pulling in his catch at dawn and the other of a cheesemaker holding a cheese round near Exeter. I am very lucky to have such a fantastic range of produce and local food on my doorstep.”
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 6 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 7 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton