Chawleigh woman arrested for ‘making threats to kill’
- Credit: Archant
The 62-year-old from Chawleigh was allegedly holding a petrol can and making threats to herself and others this morning.
POLICE were called to a house in Chawleigh this morning (Mon) to find a woman with a petrol can allegedly making threats to kill.
Officers arrived at the property just after 8.30am after reports a woman was causing an obstruction.
A police spokesman said the 62-year-old woman was threatening to harm herself, others and property, and the fire service were called as a precaution.
Police negotiators and armed officers were also scrambled to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Just after midday the woman, from Chawleigh, was arrested for making threats to kill and taken into police custody.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council