Charlotte is sports ambassador
NORTH Devon College student Charlotte Broadhead has been chosen as one of 10 students to become the new National Ambassadors for British Colleges Sport. Charlotte,17, from Torrington went to the NEC in Birmingham to accept her award at the Grassroots foot
NORTH Devon College student Charlotte Broadhead has been chosen as one of 10 students to become the new National Ambassadors for British Colleges Sport.
Charlotte,17, from Torrington went to the NEC in Birmingham to accept her award at the Grassroots football live show from football legend Sir Trevor Brooking.
Her journey began when Charlotte was doing her Duke of Edinburgh award, which involved volunteering in the community. She began sports coaching and is now a trampolining coach and has also coached netball teams..
Charlotte won the title of Regional Ambassador for British Colleges Sport in April and attended the British Colleges National Championships at Loughborough University, where she represented the South West and helped officiate in their volleyball and swimming competitions.
You may also want to watch:
The college then put her forward for National Ambassador for British Colleges Sport and she has become one of 10 ambassadors in Britain for the next year and will be involved in helping to plan for next year's National Championships.
The young ambassadors will also follow an agreed personal development plan and training programme to raise the profile of what can be achieved through leadership and volunteering.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 5 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 6 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 7 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 8 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 9 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling