Charlotte is sports ambassador
NORTH Devon College student Charlotte Broadhead has been chosen as one of 10 students to become the new National Ambassadors for British Colleges Sport. Charlotte,17, from Torrington went to the NEC in Birmingham to accept her award at the Grassroots foot
NORTH Devon College student Charlotte Broadhead has been chosen as one of 10 students to become the new National Ambassadors for British Colleges Sport.
Charlotte,17, from Torrington went to the NEC in Birmingham to accept her award at the Grassroots football live show from football legend Sir Trevor Brooking.
Her journey began when Charlotte was doing her Duke of Edinburgh award, which involved volunteering in the community. She began sports coaching and is now a trampolining coach and has also coached netball teams..
Charlotte won the title of Regional Ambassador for British Colleges Sport in April and attended the British Colleges National Championships at Loughborough University, where she represented the South West and helped officiate in their volleyball and swimming competitions.
You may also want to watch:
The college then put her forward for National Ambassador for British Colleges Sport and she has become one of 10 ambassadors in Britain for the next year and will be involved in helping to plan for next year's National Championships.
The young ambassadors will also follow an agreed personal development plan and training programme to raise the profile of what can be achieved through leadership and volunteering.
- 1 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 8 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 9 Stars taking part in the Queen's Theatre's 2021 pantomime announced
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer