Charity 'X Factor' contest kicks off in Bideford
SIMON Cowell or Cheryl Cole might not be dropping in, but a new X-Factor style singing competition starting in Bideford tomorrow (Friday, September 3) is aiming to help new local, talent shine and raise money for children s Hospice South West. Search for
SIMON Cowell or Cheryl Cole might not be dropping in, but a new X-Factor style singing competition starting in Bideford tomorrow (Friday, September 3) is aiming to help new local, talent shine and raise money for children's Hospice South West.
Search for a Star will be held at The Swan Inn, Bideford and features 14 weekly audition heats as singers perform before a panel of judges in a bid to make the grand final and win �200 plus the opportunity to perform at Braddick's holiday park next season.
The contest has been organised by Paul and Debbie Bevan of Elite Entertainment, who were keen to do something on behalf of the hospice.
Auditions are held every Friday from now until December 3 and the grand final will be on December 10. Entrants must be aged 18 and above and it starts at 8.30pm each week in the Swan in Torrington Street.
You may also want to watch:
Behind the judges' desks will be former Heart radio presenters Hopps and Chapple, plus Braddick's entertainment staff and a CHSW representative, who will select the best one or two singers from each heat.
"My wife Debbie and I have always been involved in charity fundraising and having fostered children ourselves, the Children's Hospice South West is a cause close to our hearts," said Paul.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 7 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 8 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 9 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank
- 10 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
"The event should be a lot of fun and is open to anyone aged 18 or above who thinks they have a good voice and would like to audition whilst raising vital funds for this fabulous charity.
"We ran a similar event seven years ago for CHSW that was a great success and we hope this will prove to be just as worthwhile."
Emma Perry, community fundraiser for Little Bridge House in Fremington added:
"This event is a great idea especially with the official X Factor just kicking off on the TV, this is a way for local aspiring singers to get involved in the audition style event whilst raising money to support life-limited children and their families.
"We are really looking forward to the Grand Final and our thanks go to Paul and Debbie for organising the event on our behalf.