Charity wildlife cards becoming an endangered species
DEVON Wildlife Trust has been battling to preserve numbers of a suddenly endangered species – its own Christmas cards! Each year the charity produces cards to sell and help raise money to help its conservation work around Devon. This year they have been s
DEVON Wildlife Trust has been battling to preserve numbers of a suddenly endangered species - its own Christmas cards!
Each year the charity produces cards to sell and help raise money to help its conservation work around Devon.
This year they have been selling faster than ever, with the favourite design proving to be a photograph of a flock of white doves in snow on Dartmoor, taken by charity worker Andrew Taylor.
The doves are literally flying off the shelves, but there are 12 designs in total, available to order online, by telephone or by post.
You may also want to watch:
The charity has been amazed by the response. Cat Loudwill, community fundraising officer for the trust said: "I've been rushed off my feet this month with orders coming in everyday! Our stock is running quite low but there is still time to buy.
"We would like to thank all the volunteers that have helped to sell and distribute cards around the county. Their help has made a huge difference.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Christine Stephenson found safe and well
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
"By buying our cards direct you can be safe in the knowledge the vast majority of the proceeds help conservation work here in the county. We urge people to make their Christmas count this year and pick a pack of our fabulous cards to send to friends and family."
People looking to purchase cards should visit www.devonwildlifetrust.org or call Devon Wildlife Trust on (01392) 279244.