Charity wildlife cards becoming an endangered species
DEVON Wildlife Trust has been battling to preserve numbers of a suddenly endangered species – its own Christmas cards! Each year the charity produces cards to sell and help raise money to help its conservation work around Devon. This year they have been s
DEVON Wildlife Trust has been battling to preserve numbers of a suddenly endangered species - its own Christmas cards!
Each year the charity produces cards to sell and help raise money to help its conservation work around Devon.
This year they have been selling faster than ever, with the favourite design proving to be a photograph of a flock of white doves in snow on Dartmoor, taken by charity worker Andrew Taylor.
The doves are literally flying off the shelves, but there are 12 designs in total, available to order online, by telephone or by post.
You may also want to watch:
The charity has been amazed by the response. Cat Loudwill, community fundraising officer for the trust said: "I've been rushed off my feet this month with orders coming in everyday! Our stock is running quite low but there is still time to buy.
"We would like to thank all the volunteers that have helped to sell and distribute cards around the county. Their help has made a huge difference.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 8 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
"By buying our cards direct you can be safe in the knowledge the vast majority of the proceeds help conservation work here in the county. We urge people to make their Christmas count this year and pick a pack of our fabulous cards to send to friends and family."
People looking to purchase cards should visit www.devonwildlifetrust.org or call Devon Wildlife Trust on (01392) 279244.