Charity shop desperate for donations
The new shop in Bideford is making a plea for donations to help its furry friends.
A CHARITY shop in Bideford is desperately looking for donations after moving to a larger premises five weeks ago.
Tracy Blake, voluntary manager of the RSPCA shop, said: “We are looking for anything, from clothes and household items to electrical goods.
“We used to get a lot of people driving past and dropping off donations in our old shop, but as there is no access during the day along this part of the road we have lost that.”
The shop sees a lot of regular customers, and a growing number of furry friends appearing on the doggy ‘wall of fame’ behind the counter.
Tracy said: “Dogs are always welcome in the shop and we always have plenty of dog biscuits on hand.
“But we desperately need stock, as everything on display is all we currently have. Any unwanted clothes, shoes, toys, books or even electrical goods are always welcome.”
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 4 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 5 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 6 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 7 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 10 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls