Charity shop desperate for donations
The new shop in Bideford is making a plea for donations to help its furry friends.
A CHARITY shop in Bideford is desperately looking for donations after moving to a larger premises five weeks ago.
Tracy Blake, voluntary manager of the RSPCA shop, said: “We are looking for anything, from clothes and household items to electrical goods.
“We used to get a lot of people driving past and dropping off donations in our old shop, but as there is no access during the day along this part of the road we have lost that.”
The shop sees a lot of regular customers, and a growing number of furry friends appearing on the doggy ‘wall of fame’ behind the counter.
You may also want to watch:
Tracy said: “Dogs are always welcome in the shop and we always have plenty of dog biscuits on hand.
“But we desperately need stock, as everything on display is all we currently have. Any unwanted clothes, shoes, toys, books or even electrical goods are always welcome.”
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl