Charity shop desperate for donations
The new shop in Bideford is making a plea for donations to help its furry friends.
A CHARITY shop in Bideford is desperately looking for donations after moving to a larger premises five weeks ago.
Tracy Blake, voluntary manager of the RSPCA shop, said: “We are looking for anything, from clothes and household items to electrical goods.
“We used to get a lot of people driving past and dropping off donations in our old shop, but as there is no access during the day along this part of the road we have lost that.”
The shop sees a lot of regular customers, and a growing number of furry friends appearing on the doggy ‘wall of fame’ behind the counter.
You may also want to watch:
Tracy said: “Dogs are always welcome in the shop and we always have plenty of dog biscuits on hand.
“But we desperately need stock, as everything on display is all we currently have. Any unwanted clothes, shoes, toys, books or even electrical goods are always welcome.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand