Charity seeks 100th coffee morning host in North Devon
MACMILLAN Cancer Support is on the lookout for the 100th host in North Devon for this year s edition of the World s Biggest Coffee Morning. The event aims to raise �8 million across the UK this year to support the charity s work providing information and
MACMILLAN Cancer Support is on the lookout for the 100th host in North Devon for this year's edition of the World's Biggest Coffee Morning. The event aims to raise �8 million across the UK this year to support the charity's work providing information and support to people affected by cancer.
The charity is on course to break the current record for participation and so far has 98 hosts registered to take part in North Devon.
"The response from the people of North Devon so far to this year's event has been incredible," said Alex Folkes, fund-raising manager for Macmillan Cancer Support. "Every event, big or small, can help make a real difference to our ability to reach everybody affected by cancer in our area."
"We have a massive range of hosts lined up to hold a coffee morning on September 25. They include schools like North Devon College, businesses like the Stag's Head Inn at Filleigh and community groups like the Braunton Bowls Club."
You may also want to watch:
"Now we are on the lookout for our 100th host in North Devon."
"Holding a coffee morning couldn't be easier. You can register online or by phone and we'll send you a pack with everything you need to know. Then all you have to do is invite your friends or colleagues and put the kettle on."
- 1 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 2 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 3 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 4 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 5 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 6 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 7 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 10 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
To register to host a coffee morning visit www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee or call 0845 602 1246.