Charity seeks 100th coffee morning host in North Devon
MACMILLAN Cancer Support is on the lookout for the 100th host in North Devon for this year s edition of the World s Biggest Coffee Morning. The event aims to raise �8 million across the UK this year to support the charity s work providing information and
MACMILLAN Cancer Support is on the lookout for the 100th host in North Devon for this year's edition of the World's Biggest Coffee Morning. The event aims to raise �8 million across the UK this year to support the charity's work providing information and support to people affected by cancer.
The charity is on course to break the current record for participation and so far has 98 hosts registered to take part in North Devon.
"The response from the people of North Devon so far to this year's event has been incredible," said Alex Folkes, fund-raising manager for Macmillan Cancer Support. "Every event, big or small, can help make a real difference to our ability to reach everybody affected by cancer in our area."
"We have a massive range of hosts lined up to hold a coffee morning on September 25. They include schools like North Devon College, businesses like the Stag's Head Inn at Filleigh and community groups like the Braunton Bowls Club."
You may also want to watch:
"Now we are on the lookout for our 100th host in North Devon."
"Holding a coffee morning couldn't be easier. You can register online or by phone and we'll send you a pack with everything you need to know. Then all you have to do is invite your friends or colleagues and put the kettle on."
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 8 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 9 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
To register to host a coffee morning visit www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee or call 0845 602 1246.