Charity pair trotting back from Turkey
SIX days or more of The Turkey Trot might not sound appealing but rallying father and son Reg and Jack Vincent are having a great time. The pair are now on their way home from the charity event on behalf of Help for Heroes. Drivers from across the UK set
SIX days or more of The Turkey Trot might not sound appealing but rallying father and son Reg and Jack Vincent are having a great time.
The pair are now on their way home from the charity event on behalf of Help for Heroes. Drivers from across the UK set off from Headley Court rehabilitation centre and making their way to Kalkan in Turkey in just three days.
Amazingly, just six months ago Reg - husband of Actavis managing director Sara Vincent - broke his neck in an accident on his farm but went on to make an almost total recovery.
Just three months after his accident, he was already back racing classic motorbikes!
You may also want to watch:
"I was very fortunate and I'm lucky to be able to continue racing," he said, "so when I heard of the Rallies4Charity event, I immediately signed up!"
The concept was simple. Buy a pre-1984 British sports car for �500, spend �500 to make it road legal and then drive it from Headley Court to Turkey.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 3 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 6 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 7 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 8 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 9 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 10 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
Co-driver, Jack, who works in Formula 1 construction, will also be Reg's spanner man, as he used to be a race and rally mechanic for TVR and Peugeot.
"The bike season is coming to an end now and for me to accept The Turkey Trot challenge is a fantastic idea. "
They have already raised well over �1,000 at pre-rally Team Vincent awareness events and we'll keep you informed and updated with news of their progress but you can also offer your support by pledging a donation on Reg's page at www.justgiving.com/regvincent.