Charity pair trotting back from Turkey
SIX days or more of The Turkey Trot might not sound appealing but rallying father and son Reg and Jack Vincent are having a great time. The pair are now on their way home from the charity event on behalf of Help for Heroes. Drivers from across the UK set
SIX days or more of The Turkey Trot might not sound appealing but rallying father and son Reg and Jack Vincent are having a great time.
The pair are now on their way home from the charity event on behalf of Help for Heroes. Drivers from across the UK set off from Headley Court rehabilitation centre and making their way to Kalkan in Turkey in just three days.
Amazingly, just six months ago Reg - husband of Actavis managing director Sara Vincent - broke his neck in an accident on his farm but went on to make an almost total recovery.
Just three months after his accident, he was already back racing classic motorbikes!
You may also want to watch:
"I was very fortunate and I'm lucky to be able to continue racing," he said, "so when I heard of the Rallies4Charity event, I immediately signed up!"
The concept was simple. Buy a pre-1984 British sports car for �500, spend �500 to make it road legal and then drive it from Headley Court to Turkey.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 4 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 5 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 6 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 7 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
Co-driver, Jack, who works in Formula 1 construction, will also be Reg's spanner man, as he used to be a race and rally mechanic for TVR and Peugeot.
"The bike season is coming to an end now and for me to accept The Turkey Trot challenge is a fantastic idea. "
They have already raised well over �1,000 at pre-rally Team Vincent awareness events and we'll keep you informed and updated with news of their progress but you can also offer your support by pledging a donation on Reg's page at www.justgiving.com/regvincent.