Charity launched to help care professionals
PSP Healthcare, the operators of the award-winning Edenmore Nursing Home in Ilfracombe, have announced the launch of a new charity for workers in the care sector. Chairman of the company, Prakash Dewani JP, presented a donation cheque for �10,000 in order
PSP Healthcare, the operators of the award-winning Edenmore Nursing Home in Ilfracombe, have announced the launch of a new charity for workers in the care sector. Chairman of the company, Prakash Dewani JP, presented a donation cheque for �10,000 in order to start the charity's work.
The National Care Benevolent Fund has been set up to help those in the care sector who may be facing financial hardship or other difficulties. Offering financial and practical help, it is the first initiative in the country to focus on the welfare of care professionals and has been widely welcomed by industry leaders.
On a training day with staff from the 48-bed home, Mr Dewani said: "There are many people who dedicate their lives to providing care for the vulnerable and elderly. Up until now, they have often been neglected when it came to their own difficulties.
"It is therefore PSP Healthcare's privilege to give something back and endow a fund that will provide support to those who have dedicated their lives to helping others."
You may also want to watch:
Edenmore manager Elizabeth Thompson welcomed the move, saying: "To continue to improve standards of care across the country we need to make this profession a good one to work in. The care fund will help to bring the very best people into elderly care and look after them when they need it."
* The Care Professionals Benevolent Fund has been established by a consortium of leading businesses from the care sector to provide financial help for current and retired care staff who experience financial hardship.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 3 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 4 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 5 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 6 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 7 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 8 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 9 Roger McGough unveiled as Plough Poetry Prize judge
- 10 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
To find out more about the Fund, visit www.cpbenevolentfund.org.uk.