Charity launched to help care professionals
PSP Healthcare, the operators of the award-winning Edenmore Nursing Home in Ilfracombe, have announced the launch of a new charity for workers in the care sector. Chairman of the company, Prakash Dewani JP, presented a donation cheque for �10,000 in order
PSP Healthcare, the operators of the award-winning Edenmore Nursing Home in Ilfracombe, have announced the launch of a new charity for workers in the care sector. Chairman of the company, Prakash Dewani JP, presented a donation cheque for �10,000 in order to start the charity's work.
The National Care Benevolent Fund has been set up to help those in the care sector who may be facing financial hardship or other difficulties. Offering financial and practical help, it is the first initiative in the country to focus on the welfare of care professionals and has been widely welcomed by industry leaders.
On a training day with staff from the 48-bed home, Mr Dewani said: "There are many people who dedicate their lives to providing care for the vulnerable and elderly. Up until now, they have often been neglected when it came to their own difficulties.
"It is therefore PSP Healthcare's privilege to give something back and endow a fund that will provide support to those who have dedicated their lives to helping others."
You may also want to watch:
Edenmore manager Elizabeth Thompson welcomed the move, saying: "To continue to improve standards of care across the country we need to make this profession a good one to work in. The care fund will help to bring the very best people into elderly care and look after them when they need it."
* The Care Professionals Benevolent Fund has been established by a consortium of leading businesses from the care sector to provide financial help for current and retired care staff who experience financial hardship.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 5 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 6 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
To find out more about the Fund, visit www.cpbenevolentfund.org.uk.